Friday, July 19, 2013

Book Spotlight & Excerpt - Embracing the Wolf by Stephanie Nelson



Embracing the Wolf by Stephanie Nelson

For the first time, Anna Avery was looking forward to the future. She’s mated to her soul mate. The pack has become her new family, and she has friends she can confide in. She had every reason to look ahead, until a vision put her future happiness in jeopardy.
Someone is set on destroying her mate, Adam, and only Anna can prevent this possible future. While trying to unravel the hazy web of her premonition, she finds out the annual pack conference will take place on her mountain. And Adam’s parents will be attending. As only a “made” wolf, Anna will have to face their prejudice and possibly make the hardest decision she has ever had to make. Because saving Adam’s life might just mean walking away from him for forever.
About Stephanie
Stephanie resides in the Midwest with her husband and furry children. When she’s not cooking up Gwen and Anna’s next adventures, she enjoys reading, traveling and watching movies.
Follow Stephanie: Website / Facebook / Twitter


Excerpt


My wolf pushed forward, her nails digging into the earth as she propelled herself onward. The wind whipped across our face and it smelled faintly of smoke and blood. As I reached the tree line, I came to a halt. Raising my head, I inhaled the spot I’d seen the perpetrator. It didn’t take long for my spidey senses to kick in and catch their scent. I edged through the trees, my eyes darting back and forth looking for any semblance of movement. The person couldn’t have gotten far.
Anna, get your ass back here now.” Adam’s voice penetrated my mind and sounded as angry as I felt.
No can do, sugar buns. Whoever shot at me is still on our mountain.” A crack of branches sounded just left of me. My wolf let out a low growl. The two wolves that had followed flanked either side of me. With a quick look, I realized it was Elle and Joe. Though the ceremony had been interrupted, their pledge was complete. Trying something, I thought about what I wanted to say and tried to direct it toward Elle. I never understood how Adam communicated with us telepathically. I assumed it was one of those mysteries I’d never understand.
Keep your eyes peeled to the left,” I told Elle. To Joe, I said, “Eyes to the right.”
Both of their ears perked in surprise of my voice being in their heads, but they bobbed their thick, furry heads in an agreeable nod. Together, we proceeded forward and in the direction of the sound.
I swear, if my life wasn’t linked to yours, I’d kill you myself,” Adam said.
“Pft. And here I was thinking we were still in the honeymoon phase.” I sent the message back with what I hoped was a humorous tone. It didn’t take much to upset Adam, at least where my safety was concerned. As much as his possessiveness of me was a turn on, I wouldn’t allow it to turn me into a damsel in distress. Sure, I wasn’t the best fighter, but the power surging through my veins made me feel invincible. Whether it was a false sense of superiority, I had yet to find out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment